15-year old girl electrocuted in Ogun

 A 15-year-old girl, simply identified as Miracle Ogbonna, was reportedly electrocuted while fetching water at the  Olomore Housing Estate area of Abeokuta, Ogun.

Spokesperson of the Police Command in the state, SP Omolola Odutola confirmed the incident in a statement on Monday.

She said the incident  happened on Sunday.

According to Odutola, a case of electrocution was reported to the Divisional Police Office of Lafenwa by one Onyekachi Silas  from the  Olomore Housing Estate.

“Silas narrated to the DPO that his younger brother called him on phone on Sunday at about 11:50 pm that one Miracle Ogbonna, 15 , who is also the brother’s wife’s younger sister living with them, was electrocuted.

“He further stated that there was power outage in the house and Ogbonna went to the well to fetch water.

“In the process of fetching water, power was restored and Ogbonna was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine placed inside the well.

“She was rushed to a private hospital where the doctor on duty  confirmed her dead,” Odutola said.

The police spokesperson explained that investigation had commenced and that the corpse had been deposited at the  Oke Lantoro morgue.

Follow The Eagle Online Channel on WhatsApp

Back to top button