US strike in Strait of Hormuz killed 5 civilians, Iran says

Five civilians were killed when US forces targeted small cargo boats in the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian media reported on Tuesday.
Iranâs semi-official Tasnim news agency, citing a military source, said an investigation found that US forces had attacked two small boats carrying peopleâs cargo from Khasab on the coast of Oman toward Iran.
âFollowing the false claim by the US military that it had targeted 6 Iranian speedboats, since none of the IRGC combat vessels had been hit, an investigation was conducted into the nature of the claim from local sources,â the source was quoted as saying, referring to Iranâs Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
Five civilian passengers were killed in the attack, the military source said, describing it as a âhastyâ move driven by US âfearâ of IRGC fast-boat operations.
US Central Command (CENTCOM) said earlier that American helicopters were used to destroy âIranian small boats threatening commercial shipping,â saying the vessels were targeted during efforts to secure traffic through the strategic waterway.
đ¨BREAKING: Watch The Video Clip Here â¤







