Breaking

Baker Mayfield Reveals Where He Stands With His Family After Suing Them Over Missing $12 Million

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Baker Mayfield is in a good spot with his family after previously suing them for $12 million. While speaking with the media on Tuesday, August 18, the NFL star said he reflected on his relationship with his family and decided to move forward for one reason.

Baker Mayfield3
MEGA

Speaking with The Tampa Bay Times, Mayfield, 31, said he’s spent the last year rebuilding his relationship with his family. “In the past few months, I’ve been reconnected with my family,” he said, calling the reunion “good.”

According to a previous report from The Blast, Mayfield alleged that his father’s company failed to repay him nearly $12 million it had reportedly stolen from him.

“To date, Camwood Capital has not repaid even one dollar under the Settlement Agreement, Defendants have failed to refinance their existing loan, and Defendants have not provided Plaintiffs with access to their books and records,” the lawsuit read.

Baker Mayfield’s Parents Finally Met Their Grandchildren

In addition to rebuilding his relationship with his father and the rest of his family, the other positive is that the NFL star’s daughters now know their grandparents.

“Also, for them to have two grandbabies, it’s tough. What’s in the past is in the past. Emily and I took [daughter Kova] down right around her first birthday. … First time they met her, and you [could] tell it just melted them,” he said.

Why Did Baker Mayfield Decide To Move Forward With His Family After Previously Suing Them?

While Mayfield seemed sure about his lawsuit when he filed it in November 2024, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback said he chose to move on because he knows he’s not perfect.

“You can’t put yourself on a pedestal and act like I haven’t made mistakes in my life,” he said. “I had the ability to forgive and that was what I wanted to get across. But we’re here and the door is open. The past few months, we have made good progress and began reconnecting.”

This MLB Star Filed A Lawsuit Against His Family

Alec Bohm3
MEGA

In addition to Mayfield, several other high-profile athletes have filed lawsuits against family members, alleging financial misconduct.

Earlier this year, MLB standout Alec Bohm sued his parents in Philadelphia and accused them of transferring hefty sums of money into different accounts they managed.

Bohm said in the lawsuit that his parents encouraged him to “entrust” them with his financial affairs, allegedly persuading him into believing financial advisors would steal from him.

Bohm’s parents responded to the suit and said they were “deeply saddened” by their son’s accusations. Elsewhere in their response, the Phillies’ star’s parents said that their son had full access to the separate accounts at all times.

“Mr. and Mrs. Bohm love their son very much and have always acted in his best interests, both personally and professionally, and still do so to this day,” the statement concluded.

LSU Player Responds To Jayden Daniels After He Sends Cease-And-Desist To School

Jayden Daniels3
Netflix

And speaking of drama in sports, LSU defensive player DJ Pickett recently spoke with the media about his position in the latest drama surrounding the school’s football program and Washington Commanders quarterback Jayden Daniels.

Daniels recently sent a cease-and-desist to the school’s football program, telling it to stop using his name, image, and likeness after it was revealed that Pickett would wear No. 5 during the upcoming season. In a statement, Daniels’ rep said that it believed LSU would “honor and protect” Daniels’ legacy.

Pickett said that while he understands Daniels’ issue, he wouldn’t budge on the matter because of his own history with the number. “I’ve worn the number my whole life, since I was 4 years old,” he said. “It’s the number I was promised [by LSU]. I wish Jayden the best. Good player, and he did real good here [at LSU]. So that’s all.”

Back to top button