“I have instructed…” — Gov. Adeleke makes fresh decision over EFCC’s bank freeze after his re-election victory

Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has ordered the withdrawal of the legal action instituted against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the state government’s frozen bank account.
The decision came after President Bola Tinubu intervened in the dispute and spoke with the governor following Adeleke’s victory in the August 15 governorship election.
Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, Adeleke said he had instructed the state Attorney General to discontinue the case.
“I’m putting them behind. What else do I want? I have instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr. President has done well. He called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke stated.
What Adeleke said about the EFCC dispute
The governor had previously challenged the EFCC’s decision to restrict the state government’s account.
He had accused the anti-graft agency of taking politically motivated action, arguing that the restrictions could affect the government’s operations.
The account was reportedly frozen shortly before the governorship election, raising questions about the timing of the EFCC’s action.
Tinubu later intervened and directed the EFCC to lift the restriction and discontinue the legal proceedings connected to the matter.
Governor addresses allegations of EFCC questioning
Adeleke was also asked about claims that some of his supporters and government officials had been invited by the EFCC for questioning.
He said he had mobilised his legal team to provide assistance to those involved.
“Well, we have been talking. I have been calling all my lawyers to go there. I’m sure the APC in Osun, according to them, they are telling us they are using federal might,” he remarked.
The governor’s latest decision effectively brings his administration’s court battle with the EFCC to an end.



