‘Below Deck’ Star Nathan Gallagher Faces Domestic Violence Charges After Australia Arrest

‘Below Deck’ reality TV star Nathan Gallagher is facing multiple domestic violence-related charges in Australia following an incident in Sydney.
He was arrested just after Christmas last year and is accused of choking an unnamed woman without her consent.
Fans have taken to social media to slam him over the alleged act, while others have shared receipts of past missteps.
Nathan Gallagher was arrested for domestic violence-related charges in Australia back in December last year.
According to Rolling Stone, police records from the New South Wales Police Force showed that officers responded to a call from a residential unit complex in the Sydney area on December 27, after which Gallagher was taken into custody for allegedly assaulting an unnamed 29-year-old woman.
The TV personality, best known for his appearance on Bravo’s hit series “Below Deck Mediterranean,” was charged with three domestic violence-related offenses, including “assault occasioning actual bodily harm, intentionally chok[ing a] person without consent, and common assault.”
Police confirmed that neither party suffered serious injuries during the incident, and Gallagher was eventually granted conditional bail.
Court Documents Appear To Link Gallagher’s Baby Mama To The Case
Though law enforcement did not officially name the woman involved, court documents indicate an Apprehended Violence Application was filed in New South Wales on behalf of Gael Cameron, Gallagher’s former “Below Deck Mediterranean” co-star.
The two reportedly met while filming Season 9 of the Bravo reality franchise, during which their on-again, off-again romance became a central storyline. They then welcomed a son named Kayden in June 2025.
It remains unclear how Gallagher has pleaded to the charges. A court hearing regarding the Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) and the pending criminal charges is scheduled for September 1 at an Australian court.
Neither Gallagher nor Bravo representatives have spoken publicly about the matter.
‘Below Deck’ Fans Turn On Nathan Gallagher

Meanwhile, fans have taken to social media to slam Gallagher for the alleged incident, with some bringing up past incidents he was involved in that left a sour taste.
“He is dangerous to women and children. This is very serious. I am glad that Gael is taking legal action,” a Reddit user wrote.
Another person said, “Choking!! Omfg. Poor Gael and baby!! And he just destroyed his Bravo spot too. What a piece of sh-t.”
“Damn, I don’t even want to see him on the rest of the season… this is disgusting and so sad,” someone else wrote, while another added, “The irony of his hateful anti-immigrant post and now he’s the criminal immigrant he claimed to hate so much. People in glass houses, etc.”
Gallagher’s Relationship Struggles Played Out On Below Deck
Gallagher appears in the ongoing season of the show, recorded last summer, with his story arc mainly centered on how he tries to balance his new role as a father with his job.
Their relationship has faced its fair share of trials, which the show captured. After initially meeting on Season 9, they briefly went their separate ways following the season’s conclusion, citing the pressures of a long-distance relationship.
At the time, Gael remained in Sydney while Gallagher was primarily based in Ireland.
“After last charter season, Nathan and I traveled for six weeks,” Gael said in Season 10, Episode 13. “And I went back to Australia; he stayed in Ireland… Distance did take a toll.”
At some point, she also complained that she had begun to see a “different side” to him and had witnessed “a little bit of anger,” “stubbornness,” and “immaturity.”
“I think he just has a lot of emotional maturing to do,” she said, per Bravo.
Gael Claimed Gallagher ‘Ghosted’ Her For A Week
Gael then revealed that Gallagher “ghosted” her for about a week, until she grew tired of the distance and silence and eventually confronted him about his behavior.
“I was like, ‘Dude, like, just let me know you’re OK,’” she continued. “Like, I’m here. If you don’t want to do this, it’s fine. … I’m here thinking something’s happened to you.” And that’s where he was like, “I don’t know if I can do this right now.” He was someone I loved. And, yeah, you know, it hurt. Like… It hurt.”
They rekindled their romance in September 2024, sharing the news with fans in an Instagram post they captioned “R3KINDL3D.” Fans also got to witness the makeup in the closing stages of Season 10.
To celebrate their first anniversary, Gael gushed about their relationship on social media, per Bravo.
“Through every high and low, we’ve stood side by side, and I wouldn’t want to walk this path with anyone else,” she wrote. “Life isn’t always easy, but together we turn it into the most wild, fun, and beautiful adventure. Now, with the best part of both of us in our arms, the journey feels even more magical.”

