Abuja Police Arrest 42 Suspects as Crime Crackdown Intensifies

(Suspects. Photo Credit: Daily Post)
The Federal Capital Territory police command has arrested 42 suspects for involvement in various crimes across Abuja, according to the Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Muhammed Sanusi.
Sanusi disclosed the successful operations at a press briefing at the command’s headquarters on Wednesday.
On August 14, police received a report that three people had been kidn@pp£d from their home in the Nyanya area.
Officers from the Violent Crime Response Unit were sent to investigate.
The investigation showed the victims had been taken to the New-Nyanya area of Nasarawa State and held hostage by their abductors.
With help from an alert resident, police tracked down and arrested two suspects, Godwin Afekhide and Aaron Ogbu, who were directly linked to the kidn@pping.
All three victims were rescued safely and returned to their families.
On August 16, about ten suspected traffic r0bb£rs were arrested.
These criminals typically disguise themselves as street vendors at busy roads and traffic stops in the city.
After receiving several complaints, Sanusi instructed divisional police officers to clear such individuals from the roads.
Those arrested were Umar Salihu, Yusuf Isah, Aliyu Hamza, Abubakar Naziru, Muhammed Musa, Yagugu Mohammed, Suwidi Jibril, Kasimu Taraba, Abubakar Sani and Aminu Umar.
The police chief also said about 20 people were arrested for various traffic violations, particularly those driving against traffic.
He said these suspects have been charged to court and operations will continue across all roads in the territory until they are safe for all road users.
Additionally, six members of a criminal gang sp£c!@l!s!ng in breaking into homes at night, st£@l!ng valuables and st@bb!ng victims were arrested.
The suspects are Sanusi Yusuf, Zakari Mohammed, Sani Adamu, Abdulwasi Yahuza, Abdullahi Abah and Aliyu Mohammed.
All suspects remain in police custody and will be charged to court once investigations are completed.




